This recipe has the advantage of utilizing canned salmon, which is cheaper than smoked salmon, contains no sharp bones, and is easier to work with than hard-smoked fish. The addition of liquid smoke is a must for this recipe.
- 1 eight ounce package of cream cheese, softened.
- 1 sixteen ounce can of salmon, well-drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley
Mix all ingredients except nuts and parsley; shape mixture into a ball. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 4 days. Mix nuts and parsley; coat ball with mixture.